Makes 16 meatballs
∙ 1 cup of organic green lentils (pre-soaked for 24 hours)
∙ 2 cups of (fluoride free) water
∙ 4-6 organic garlic cloves
∙ 1 small organic red onion
∙ 1 medium sized organic eggplant
∙ 1/2 cup of organic shiitake and oyster mushrooms (mix)
∙ bunch of organic parsley
∙ 2 tbsp organic coconut oil (for frying)
∙ Himalayan pink salt (to taste)
∙ organic black pepper (to taste)
1. In a medium sized pan, bring water to a boil.
2. Add lentils and cook for about 20 minutes until lentils are ready. Set aside once ready.
3. On a chopping board, chop garlic and onion and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
4. Preheat oven at 325 degrees F.
5. Cut eggplant into slices, top off with salt and bake for about 5-10 minutes. Once ready, set aside.
6. Chop mushrooms and set aside.
7. Chop parsley and set aside.
8. In a small frying pan, at medium low heat, add coconut oil.
9. Add mushrooms, garlic and onions to pan and fry for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
10. Once lentils are ready, add them to a large mixing bowl. (Drain any remaining water first.)
11. Add eggplant slices, mushrooms, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and parsley into mixing bowl and mix well.
12. Using a hand blender, pulse blend all ingredients. Taste and make adjustments.
13. Make 16 even sized 'meatballs' and place on an oven pan.
14. Bake for about 10 minutes or until 'meatballs' are browned.
15. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
16. Place on a plate of zucchini pasta and serve and enjoy!