Zucchini 'pasta' provides an excellent source of antioxidants that protect our cells from damage, caused by free radicals. It is a healthier alternative to grain pasta, since it is not cooked. It will provide you with live enzymes, that predigest food, so you don't waste metabolic enzymes that are needed for rebuilding healthy cells. We learned about 'Zucchini Pasta With Basil Pesto Sauce' from Dr. Bergman's video on 'enzymes'. We added nuts to our recipe, but it is optional to use if you decide to try it out. This was our first time trying homemade basil pesto sauce. It tasted amazing and is also very nutritional and live with enzymes. Basil is an excellent blood cleanser and contributes to healthier liver function. Give it a try! See recipe below.
Ingredients for basil pesto sauce:
∙ 1-2 organic garlic cloves (or 4 small garlic cloves, depending on size)
∙ bunch of organic basil
∙ bunch of organic cilantro
∙ 1/2 cup of organic extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed)
∙ 1/3 cup of Brazil nuts (pre-soaked for at least 10 hours, finely chop to measure) OR 1/4 cup of organic hemp seeds
∙ 1/4 cup of organic coconut water
∙ 1 slice organic lemon (about 1/4 lemon)
∙ sea salt (to taste)
∙ organic black pepper (to taste)
Ingredients for pasta:
∙ 2-3 large organic zucchinis
1. On a chopping board, slice garlic and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
2. Chop basil. Set aside.
3. Using a julienne peeler, peel zucchini lengthwise to create 'noodles'.4. Place in a bowl and add salt to soften. Set aside.
5. Lightly fry garlic for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. Add basil, cilantro, garlic, olive oil, nuts (or hemp seeds), coconut water, lemon, salt and pepper to a small container and using a hand blender, blend all ingredients. Set aside.7. Try pesto sauce and make necessary adjustments for texture and taste. You may need to add more salt, lemon or water.
8. Distribute 'noodles' to 2 plates and top off with pesto sauce.
9. Serve and enjoy your enzymes!