Hemp seeds are very healthy and can be incorporated into baking. They contain many nutrients such as iron, calcium and vitamin D. Lemons have unique phytonutrient properties and are an excellent source of vitamin C. For our latest cookie recipe, we baked Lemon Hemp Seed Cookies that were made with a blend of pre-soaked gluten free flours. The cookies were tasty and slightly fluffy in the center - check out our simple recipe below. Enjoy!
Lemon Hemp Seed Cookie Recipe
Makes 16-20 cookies
∙ 1 cup of organic gluten free flour blend* (pre-soaked for 24 hours)
∙ 1/2 cup of organic shredded coconut**
∙ 6 tbsp of organic hemp seeds
∙ 2 tbsp of organic lemon zest
∙ 1/2 tsp of organic baking powder
∙ 2 tbsp of organic black chia seed powder (optional)
∙ 4 - 6 tbsp of organic coconut palm nectar/sugar
∙ 2 tbsp of organic lemon juice/extract
∙ 4 tbsp of organic coconut oil (melted)
∙ 1 happy free range chicken egg
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Break apart pre-soaked flour and then add dry ingredients. (Mix well) Set aside.
3. Mix lemon juice, coconut oil and egg in a small mixing bowl. Then add to dry ingredients.
4. Mix all ingredients well.
5. Using a spoon, scoop out small parts of dough and place on a cookie sheet.
6. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top and edges are brown.7. Remove from oven and let cool.
8. Eat and enjoy!
* 2 tbsp of quinoa flour, 2 tbsp of Amaranth flour and 3/4 cup of brown rice flour, with 1/4 cup of water. Mix well. Seal in a container, place in fridge and soak for 24 hours.
** Our shredded coconut is the pulp left over from juicing our coconut meat.