Cauliflower is an excellent alternative to rice (grain) and can be served raw. Cauliflower has antioxidants, anti-inflammatory benefits and improves digestion. For our 'raw' dinner last night, we steamed some healthy organic green peas and spinach that we added to a raw cauliflower 'rice' mix that included raw corn, raw (pre-soaked) pumpkin seeds and fresh basil from our indoor basil plant. This dish is simple and tasty! Check out the recipe below. Enjoy!
Green Peas and Corn With Cauliflower Rice Recipe
∙ 1/2 cup of fresh organic green peas (not frozen)
∙ 1/2 cup of organic spinach leaves
∙ 1/2 of a small organic red onion
∙ 2 organic leek leaves
∙ 2 organic garlic cloves
∙ 1/2 of an organic cauliflower
∙ 1/4 cup organic pumpkin seeds∙ 1-2 tbsp chopped organic basil leaves
∙ 1 tsp chopped organic sage (optional)
∙ 2 organic corns
∙ sea salt
∙ organic black peppercorn
∙ 1/2 tbsp organic cumin powder
∙ 1 tbsp organic coconut oil (virgin)
1. Steam green peas and spinach for 3-5 minutes. Set aside. (let cool)
2. Chop onions, leeks and garlic. Set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Using a food processor, finely chop the cauliflower (you need to produce 2 cups of 'rice').
4. Transport cauliflower rice to a large mixing bowl and add pumpkin seeds and chopped herbs (basil and sage). Mix well.5. Remove corn kernels from cobs, using a knife, and then add to large mixing bowl.
6. Add salt, peppercorn and cumin to large mixing bowl. Mix well. Taste and make adjustments to seasoning (should be lightly seasoned and not over powered by the cumin powder). Set aside.
7. In a small frying pan, at medium-low heat, lightly fry onions, leeks and garlic for about 3-5 minutes. (If you can tolerate the strength of raw onion and garlic, you can skip this step and add them to the mixing bowl.)
8. Once onions are softened, remove from heat. Set aside.
9. Add spinach and green peas (should be cooled) to the large mixing bowl and mix well.
10. Then add onions and garlic once cooled. Mix well.
11. Check for flavor and make necessary adjustments. Serve and enjoy!
Check it out on lePetitchef.