Our latest zucchini pasta is 'spaghetti' and meatballs! We rarely eat meat, but when we found grass fed beef, we decided to buy some. We are still incorporating raw foods daily, so we combined raw zucchini with healthy and juicy meatballs (see recipe below.) This recipe is very tasty! You can feel energy from the raw zucchini. The meatballs were baked in the oven after marinating in an onion, spice and pepper mix for 20 minutes. It is a great choice for meat lovers who are on a grain free diet. Enjoy!
Zucchini 'Spaghetti' and Meatballs Recipe - Updated
∙ 5 organic garlic cloves
∙ 1/4 organic fennel bulb
∙ 2 organic leek leaves
∙ 1/4 organic red onion
∙ 1 happy egg
∙ 1 organic red pepper
∙ 16 oz package ground beef (grass fed, drug free and from your local organic farm)
∙ organic black pepper
∙ organic chili powder (about 1/2 tbsp)
∙ 2 tbsp organic cumin powder
∙ a pinch or two of organic cayenne pepper
∙ organic red pepper flakes (about 1/2 tsp)
∙ sea salt (add according to your taste)
∙ bunch of organic cilantro (or parsley)
∙ 2 organic zucchinis
Directions: (Start with meatball ingredients)
1. Chop garlic, fennel, leeks, red onion and red pepper. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add ground beef. Set aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl, beat an egg and then add onion mix.
4. Using a hand blender, blend/purée egg, garlic, fennel, leeks, red onion and red pepper.
5. Add ingredients to beef in large mixing bowl. Then add spices. Mix well.
6. Cover the beef mixture and marinate beef for 20 minutes in fridge.
7. In the mean time, preheat oven to 325 degrees F (at bake).
8. Prepare your sauce. Directions are available here. Set aside.
9. Once beef has marinated, make medium-large size meatballs and place in an oven pan that is lined with coconut oil.
10. Bake meatballs for about 15-20 minutes, then turn oven from 'bake' to 'broil' and bake another 10 minutes. (This will cook more of the top of the meatballs).
11. Once meatballs are browned, remove from oven. Set aside.
12. Using a julienne peeler, peel 2 whole zucchinis (until you reach the seeds).
13. Distribute evenly onto 2 plates.
14. Add meatballs on top of zucchini spaghetti and then pour your choice of tomato sauce over top.
15. Serve and enjoy!