Butternut Squash Cookie Recipe
Makes 16 small cookies
∙ 3/4 cup of organic gluten free brown rice flour
∙ 1/4 cup of organic coconut flour
∙ 1/2 cup of organic shredded coconut
∙ 2 tbsp of organic flax seed meal
∙ 1 tbsp of organic black chia seed powder
∙ 3 tbsp of organic coconut palm powder/nectar
∙ 1/4 tbsp of organic vanilla bean powder
∙ 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon
∙ pinch of sea salt
∙ 1/4 cup of organic pre-soaked cashews (chopped)
∙ 3 tbsp of organic coconut oil (melted)
∙ 1 cup of organic purred butternut squash (bake in oven and puree prior to baking)
∙ 1 happy free range chicken egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients first. (Mix well) Set aside.
3. Mix coconut oil, squash and egg yolk in a small mixing bowl. Then add to dry ingredients.
4. Mix all ingredients well until crumbly.
5. Using your hands, knead the dough inside the bowl and create 16 small balls.
6. Place each ball down on parchment paper and press down to form cookies. Add some cinnamon on top of each cookie (optional).
7. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
8. Remove from oven and let cool.
9. Serve and enjoy!